Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The view from up here

This morning, at 5:30 a.m. Chop Chop raced through the room, and jumped atop a door in our bedroom. Farmers have roosters, we have Chop Chop.

Now Chop Chop is no spring chicken anymore. He is a bit of a chunky monkey these days, and his added weight makes balancing on an inch and a half fulcrum a bit precarious. He uses his paws to steady himself. All my doors have scratch marks on them. Little teeny tiny scratches, kitty patina on painted surfaces!


I think, I mean I know Choppers does this to get attention. He will sit up there perplexed until one of us rescues him. So we are in the Siamese rescue business, sort of. I wonder if he does this when we aren't around? He just may be...and getting down on his own so we are none the wiser!

1 comment: